GNOME.Asia 2012 is now Calling for Papers
GNOME.Asia 2012 is calling for papers. GNOME.Asia Summit is Asia’s GNOME user and developer conference, spreading the knowledge of GNOME across Asia. The conference will be held in Hong Kong on June 9 and 10. The conference follows the release of GNOME 3.4, helping to bring new desktop paradigms that facilitate user interaction in the computing world. It will be a great place to celebrate and explore the many new features and enhancements to the groundbreaking GNOME 3 release and to help make GNOME as successful as possible.
Call for PapersLet’s Submit a Talk!
- The deadlines:
- Submission: April 20th, 2012
- Notification of Acceptance: April 27th, 2012
- Conference Date: June 9th-10th, 2012
- Venue: City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon (Tentative), Hong Kong
Main TopicsPossible topics include, but not limited to
- How to Promote/Contribute to GNOME in Asia
- GNOME Marketing
- Promotion of Free and Open Source Software
- How to run a Local GNOME User Group
- Asia Success Stories/Local GNOME Projects
- GNOME and Education
- GNOME Outreach Program for Women
- Google Summer of Code
- Hacking GNOME
- Lastest Development in GNOME
- GNOME 3 & GNOME 3 Usability
- GNOME Human Interface Engineering (Icons and Graphic Design)
- Bugsquadding in GNOME
- GNOME Accessibility
- GNOME 3 Coding How-to
- Adapting GNOME to New Types of Devices
- Develop GNOME on mobile device, like smart phone, tablet PC
- On-going Projects, Success Stories
- Find FOSS Friendly Hardware Manufacturers
- Localization & Internationalization
- Input Methods
- Other topics
Any free and open source related topic which is relevant to GNOME but not listed above is still welcome. Your participation can help us make the conference better!
- Lightning talks
A five-minutes presentation to demonstrate your work or promote an interesting topic. Reservation and on-site application are both accepted.
A standard session at GNOME.Asia 2012 will be scheduled as 25mins talk + 5 mins Q&A. Please take into consideration any time you will need for preparation. The session could be a technical talk, panel discussion, or BOF.
If you’d like to share your knowledge and experience at GNOME.Asia 2012, please fill in the form at http://2012.gnome.asia/rfp/ before April 20th, 2012. Please provide a short abstract about your proposal (under 150 words). Include your name, biographical information, a photo suitable for the web, a title, and a description of your presentation . The reviewing team will evaluate the entries based on the submitted abstracts and available time in the schedule. You will be contacted before April 27th, 2012 on whether your submission has been accepted or not.
All interested contributors are highly encouraged to send in their talks. Please help us to spread the invitation to other potential participants. Even you do not plan to be a speaker, please consider joining GNOME.Asia 2012. This is going to be a great event!
GNOME.Asia Organizing Team